- Work with the school administrator to ensure that all provisional educators have been assigned a mentor.
- Provide documentation required by law, policy, or rule.
- Help school administrator update information in the shared School Mentoring Google Document (Mentor Spreadsheets).
- Assist the school administrator to ensure that mentors and provisional educators have signed the Mentor Responsibility Document (Contracts), which is kept with the school administration.
- Work with the school administrator to ensure that all assigned mentors have completed New Mentor Training provided by the district.
- Work with the school administrator and/or the district Mentor Teacher Specialist to ensure that all mentors receive ongoing mentor professional development.
- Serve as the contact person for the Touchstone and district Mentor Teacher Specialist.
- It is recommended that the Touchstone and Lead Mentor meet twice a month.
- Arrange coaching with Touchstone as needed.
- Attend all Touchstone/Lead Mentor trainings.
- Model the USBE Competencies of a Quality EYE Mentor.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of effective pedagogy, classroom management, and application of the Jordan School District Multi-tiered PLC Support System (MTSS).
The Lead Mentor stipend for the 2018-19 school year will be as follows and paid on the May paycheck:
1-8 Provisional Educators: $200
9-16 Provisional Educators: $250
17+ Provisional Educators: $300