An old Chinese Proverb teaches:
If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day, go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.
Providing service in a pandemic might seem a little crazy, but there are still plenty of ways for us to serve and find that happiness that comes from helping others. The Girl Scouts of San Jacinto have a guide that they created with several ideas of how to help others during the pandemic. Here are some of them:
- Donate to and/or volunteer at the food bank
- Donate blood
- Donate to a homeless shelter
- Spread kindness and uplifting messages
- Be tech support
- Consider fostering an animal or donate pet food and supplies for owners in need
- Be a good neighbor
- Be prepared, but don’t hoard
For more ideas, see their handout:
We hope you are able to find happiness through this holiday season as we finish2020 and move into 2021!