How Do I Spend My Legislative Money?
Have you ever wondered what is best to buy with your legislative money?
Rules Regarding the Use of Legislative Money
- The money should be spent PRIMARILY on consumables that you cannot purchase through the district warehouse, or that you wish to buy above and beyond what other funding allows
- Non-consumable items you purchase will follow you through the school district. However, if you pool your money and purchase items with a colleague or team, the items should stay at the school where they were purchased.
- If you leave the school district, any items purchased with legislative money will remain at the school you leave. Remember, this is only if you leave the district.
- Be sure to turn in receipts ONLY for the total amount you are given. Anything spent over that total amount belongs to you and can go with you if you move districts.
- It can be helpful to write "purchased with legislative funds" or "purchased with personal money" on non-consumable items you buy.
- Check with your secretary for the final due date and protocol for submitting receipts, as procedures will vary by school.
|markers||giant sticky notes|
|colored pencils||dry erase markers|
|scissors||mini white boards|
|crayons||class sets of approved books|
|organization tubs||books for classroom library|
|candy (for incentives and rewards/activities)||picture books for teaching|
|class sets of highlighters||technology tools|
|classroom posters||teacher guides|
|dry erase paper||workbooks|
|3 ring binders||electric pencil sharpener|
|3 x 5 note cards||3-hole punch|
|classroom set of calculators||storage crates|
|binder clips||name badges|
Share this post