- Fulfill the responsibilities as outlined in the Lead Mentor Contract.
- Work with the school administrator to ensure that all provisional educators have been assigned a mentor.
- Help the school administrator and Mentor Teacher Specialist update information in the shared School Mentoring Google Document (Mentor Spreadsheets).
- Provide documentation required by law, policy, or rule.
- Assist the school administrator to ensure that mentors and provisional educators have signed the Mentor/Mentee Contracts, which are kept with the school administration.
- Have each mentor and mentee maintain a mentoring log that is shared with the administration and lead mentor.
- Encourage mentors and mentees to fill out district mentoring surveys.
- Work with the school administrator to ensure that all assigned mentors have completed New Mentor Training provided by the district.
- Work with the school administrator and/or the District Mentor Teacher Specialist to ensure that all mentors receive ongoing mentor professional development.
- Serve as the contact person for the district Mentor Teacher Specialist.
- It is recommended that district Mentor Teacher Specialist and the Lead Mentor communicate with each other once or twice per month.
- Attend all Lead Mentor trainings.
- Model the USBE Mentor Roles and Competencies.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of effective pedagogy, classroom management, and application of the Jordan School District Multi-tiered PLC Support System (MTSS).
The Lead Mentor stipend will be as follows and paid on the May paycheck:
1-8 Provisional Educators: $200
9-16 Provisional Educators: $250
17+ Provisional Educators: $300